Thanks to everyone. To everyone for attending the Cannon Valley Makers Kickoff in January, and to everyone who worked so hard the month of February to help get the space up and running.
We’ve got big news that we know will interest you:
Membership rates simplified:
While we prepare to open our doors, we’ve been listening to our community. We’ve decided to simplify our membership structure. We’re now offering one, all-access membership to every member of the CVM community. Memberships (including full access to wood and metal shops) are available for $25/month for individuals and $35/month for households. Yes…you read that correctly! In the spirit of creating a truly diverse and welcoming creative community, we’re offering full access to the makerspace for less than half of the monthly fee you may have been expecting to pay. More on this below.
“Soft opening” is March 1: Since our Kickoff, the board and a group of volunteers have been hard at work setting up the spaces and systems to support our community and open our doors to our founding members on March 1.
But the real efforts are really just beginning as we work together toward our April 5 Grand Opening. As a founding member in March, you will be able to train on equipment as it comes online, learn new skills, and, if you choose, build the benches, shelves, tables and racks that will serve the space for years to come. And, of course — work on your own projects!
Hours will be limited initially — but they’ll be posted on this website. As more members become trained and ready to keep the shop open, the hours will steadily increase.
How you can help:
- Activate your membership today. You can set up a monthly payment plan, or pay for an entire year.
- Make an additional financial donation. If our reduced membership fee inspires you to make an additional financial donation, please do! Donations in any amount are appreciated to help cover our considerable start-up costs.
- Make your mark. Join us by volunteering in March as we prepare our space for a Grand Opening on April 5.
- Take a class and watch our calendar of events – this supports our teacher-members and the space!
- Help us spread the word. Tell your creative friends and family members to join our mailing list at cannonvalleymakers.org or like us on Facebook.
Again, thank you for your support of Cannon Valley Makers. Together, we’ll build this community!
From the CVM Board
Dave, Ann, Michelle, Ezra, Chris, and Amy